Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Descendents

Today I am going to review some movies I've seen the last two weekends. I love classic movies and it's great to see the movies that are nominated for Oscars. When the theatres were owned by Douglas, they worked with Make a Wish and held Oscar parties as a big fund raiser each year. It was such fun and I miss it.

The Descendants was very good and, to me, George Clooney is one of the few true current "movie stars" in the classic movie tradition. He's an excellent actor and handsome in the Cary Grant way.

George Clooney's character was complex, as were the two girls who played his daughters. Clooney's family is a mess and you see how they evolve through the tragic circumstances of his wife's affair and death.

The movie was excellent and I recommend it to everyone.

Good luck at the Oscars, George.

Nebraska Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment