Monday, April 22, 2013

Parry Lodge

I'm staying at Parry Lodge in Kanab.  Kanab calls itself Little Hollywood.  Many TV and movie stars have stayed here and the rooms are named after some of the stars that have stayed here.  I'm in the Peter Lawford room.  Last fall I stayed in the Julie Newmar room.

The lobby is filled with photos of its movie star and TV star guests.  Gunsmoke was filmed near here.  I saw some of the old site this morning.  I also saw the remains of the town in the valley at the end of Westward the Women--one of my favorite movies.

This is a great way to make my way to the Turner Classic Movie Film Festival this week.  Jane Fonda, Mitzi Gaynor, and many others will be there.  Go to www.tcm.com/festival for more information.  There will be photos and video as the festival  occurs.

Nebraska Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment