Saturday, April 20, 2013

TCM film festival adventure begins today!

For the fourth year, I am heading to Hollywood for the film festival.  More  films and movie stars to see.  I left Lincoln this morning and drove through Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and I'm staying in Tucumcari, New Mexico in the Historic Route 66 Motel.  Nothing fancy but the price is great.   I just need a bed and a shower and I'll be set to head on to Monument Valley to see where many great westerns were made in the past.  Can't wait to see it.

The weather was in the 20's when I left Lincoln but was in the 60's this afternoon as I drove through Dodge City, Kansas.  I finished my LA Noir audiobook on the history of LA from about 1915 to 1978 covering the criminals and the police.   Very interesting.

Now I'm listening to a book about the informal history of the 1920's.

I hope to have some great photos of Monument Valley then on to Kanab, Utah for a couple of nights.

Nebraska Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment