Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cape Cod



Today, I went to Cape Cod with friends. The weather was perfect and the ocean was so blue. In Provincetown, there were signs up that the businesses were closing for the season. One store had beautiful stained glass and there were a number of artsy types of shops.

We had lunch in a small cafe in Provincetown. I had macaroni and cheese with lobster--not something that I have every day in Nebraska. Provincetown is on the tip of the cape and there is a memorial for the Pilgrims.

I saw several lighthouses--Naussett, Highlands, and Three Sisters. On my trip to the east coast, I was listening to an audiobook by Philbrink, Mayflower. I've only made it through the first half but the trip to Cape Cod was fascinating because I saw many of the spots referred to in the book. I recommend the book but only if you like history and are not expecting a fast paced mystery.

Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment