Saturday, October 24, 2009

Corning Museum--off to see Pyrex




On Wednesday, October 21, 2009, I was in Corning, NY. I saw the day before that there was a glass museum in my AAA travel book for New York and drove from Buffalo to Corning to see it the next morning before heading on to Massachusetts. A few weeks earlier, one of my friends had mentioned that she would like to see the Corning factory where they made Pyrex. This is for you, Deb.

The ad showed that it was museum. The museum was huge and had many beautiful and valuable exhibits. One section consisted of a number of rooms of beautiful and expensive pieces of expensive glass art that was collected over several decades and donated by collectors from Chicago. Above are a few of the pieces. I would highly recommend this museum and the glass making demonstrations. They also have a little class where you can make your own glass ornament available but I did not have the time to do it.

Nellie

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I love to see what you have taken a photo of next. There are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete