Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On the Road


October 18, 2009, I began my road trip. I travelled most of the way that day and arrived in Warren, Michigan about 11:00 pm and stayed with relatives. On Monday, we drove through Detroit and saw some of the highlights there and traveled on to Cleveland where we (two of my relatives from Warren and I) stayed with relatives. We took a scenic route around Lake Erie rather than the interstate. The leaves are just starting to turn. There were lots of birds--blue herons, ducks, and gulls. Today I am going to show only one photo on Lake Erie and that is a nuclear plant. It felt immense and powerful. Seemed somewhat out of place next to wildlife refuges.

Last night I made it to New York state and will be travelling on to the Boston area today.

Nellie

1 comment:

  1. I used to live near 3 nuclear plants. Every year we got an Emergency Magazine telling us what to do in case of an emergency. I'm glad I don't live near them anymore. But they are a wonder to see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete