Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!

Today I went to the Gage County Historical Society dinner. Guests can bring antiques to be appraised by experts. This was the 10th year for this event. It's so interesting to see the items the guests bring.

The dinner was at Valentino's in Beatrice and each of us were given a May basket. It was fun and interesting as usual. I attended with my parents and sat next to my 10th grade typing teacher, Miss Wilma Sawyer. She is now 90 years old. Beatrice High School is at a different location than when I attended and when Miss Sawyer retired, the school retired her room number. I learned a great deal from her and I'm glad I had the training. At that time, we had no idea how computers would take over our world and how valuable the typing would be for any line of work.

Nebraska Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment