Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary.

Today is my the 78th anniversary of maternal grandparents. I am the oldest of their 15 grandchildren. I had the good fortune to have four great grandparents and all four grandparents when I was born. I lost all the great grandparents before I was 10 years old, but what an honor to have known them. I was 29 years old when I lost the first of my grandparents--my maternal grandfather. He was 80 years old. In 2006, I lost my maternal grandmother. She was 96. My father's parents died between those times. In 2002, on their 70th anniversary, I went to visit grandma. I took her to the Niobrara River because it was a favorite place to go for her. When we returned to her home, she gave me her wedding ring. I was so surprised and honored that she gave me such a treasure. I've thought of them often today and we all miss them.

Nebraska Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment